This policy covers all users of the following websites which are wholly owned by Second Chance PC LTD.
It is not necessary to register in order to gain access to the searching facilities of the site. Access to our websites is free of charge to all users. These websites are operated by Second Chance PC LTD. We are committed to protecting your privacy when you are using our online services.
COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR DATA
The personal information we collect:
- During our registration process, we ask you for personal information specifically your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, contact numbers, payment information, company name, country and a password, which identifies you and enables us to communicate with you and send you products.
- The Macupgrades website serial number lookup tool will store your entered serial number and IP address for the purpose of identifying your specific Mac and producing compatible upgrade options for it.
- We may for all orders (telephone and online) store information pertinent to your order, such as operating system version or amount of RAM which may assist you and us in relation to technical support of products or services rendered.
- We and our third party analytics parties (Google) may also collect other information about you when you visit our website, such as, your IP address, details of the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, your browser type, where on the internet you came from, pages you visited on our website and adverts that you clicked on, including any search terms you entered.
- If you are purchasing an update to an existing software license we will have to share your existing serial number with the manufacturer of that software in order to amend the license. We will store this information in order to process the order.
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To send updates regarding the status of your orders.
- To process your order.
- To improve the content, design and layout of the website(s).
- To understand the interests and buying behaviour of our registered users.
- We monitor and record our communications with you, including e-mails and online chat conversations. Information collected may then be used for training purposes, quality assurance, to record details about the products/services in which you're interested, and in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations generally.
- If you consent, we will send you newsletters and details of offers and promotions in which we believe you will be interested.
Disclosure and sharing data:
- We will NOT transfer your personal information to places outside the European Economic Area and store it there.
- If law enforcement agencies ask us in the proper way, we may give them information about you. We do that so they can prevent and detect crime, and prosecute offenders. We may also provide information to protect national security. In all cases, we do this in accordance with the law.
- We also provide information when the law says we have to such as in response to a court order or other lawful demand.
- If you are purchasing an update to an existing software license we will have to share your existing serial number with the manufacturer of that software in order to amend the license.
- In rare occurrences, in order to speed up your order processing we may use our selected distribution partners to send your order directly to you (Direct Shipping). The information shared with these partners would be the minimum required to deliver a parcel to you (Name, Address, Phone number and email address).
- We use CCTV recording on our premises in Sawston for security and to comply with insurance terms. CCTV is used for maintaining the security of property and premises and for preventing and investigating crime, it may also be used to monitor staff when carrying out work duties. For these reasons the information processed may include visual images, personal appearance and behaviours. This information may be about staff, customers and clients, offenders and suspected offenders, members of the public and those inside, entering or in the immediate vicinity of the area under surveillance. Where necessary or required this information is shared with the data subjects themselves, employees and agents, services providers, police forces, security organisations and persons making an enquiry.
Once you have registered with us, you can review your personal information at any time to ensure it is correct and current on the "your account" section of the website. You will be able to update, correct, change or delete inaccurate details. You may also change your newsletter preferences here. Please note however that if you opt out of receiving newsletters you may continue to receive mailings for a short period while your change is being processed.
You have the right to ask us what personal data we hold about you, and we can supply this information on payment of a small fee. Please contact our customer service team for full details on how to make such a request at firstname.lastname@example.org
We take appropriate technical and organisation security measures to protect your personal information and ensure that it is processed fairly and lawfully. Second Chance PC LTD uses industry standard practices to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information.
Our website creates multiple cookies on your machine which contain session and state information. The information within these cookies does not include any personal or financial information. Our website requires cookies to be enabled in the web browser and in any third party programs to allow tasks such as analytics, registering, logging in, buying items or accessing accounts. Please be aware that should cookies be disabled or blocked by third party software, many of our website's features will be impaired or unavailable.
Other companies which advertise or offer their products or services on our website may also allocate cookies to your PC. The types of cookies they use and how they use the information generated by them will be governed by their own privacy policies and not ours.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We retain your personal information for a period of 6 years from the date of your last interaction with us (this could be a sales transaction, a return, or some other interaction with us via our Customer Services team or our online tools. This is because we may need to access historical information for business reporting purposes.
Our website(s) is not intended for children and we ask that no-one under the age of 16 submits personal information to us or uses the site without supervision of a parent or guardian.
Changes to this Policy
Scope of this Policy
Data Protection Officer
Second Chance PC Limited
Unit 5, South Cambridgeshire Business Park