OWC DDR3 PC8500 SODIMM - 8GB Kit (2 x 4GB)
Condition: Brand New
This is a kit of 2 x 4GB (8GB total) DDR3 PC8500 (1066MHz) SODIMM. This OWC branded kit is suitable for Macs that use PC8500 SODIMM memory excluding Mac minis and the 2010 MacBook Pro 13in and MacBook White Unibody.
OWC part code: OWC8566DDR3S8GP.
It is a SODIMM (Small Outline Dual Inline Memory Module) memory chip, which is generally used in laptop computers, but also in many Mac desktops. The RAM is DDR3 RAM, which allows data to be transferred 8 times quicker than the data rate of the memory cells it contains.
To see if this RAM is compatible with your machine, please see the compatibility list below. If you wish to find out which RAM is compatible with a specific Mac, you can find your model via various methods in the top navigation bar.
Below is a list of compatible Macs for this item. You can click on any of the pictures to see the precise models it covers. We guarantee full compatibility with all models covered by each link, subject to any exceptions explicitly listed below.
MacBook Pro Unibody
- Compatible with all 2009 revisions.
- Compatible with 15" and 17" 2010 revisions - the 13" 2010 uses PC8500 RAM, but this particular kit is not compatible with them.
- Also compatible with the 15" Late 2008, but it has some requirements to use 2 x 4GB, see
MacBook White Unibody
- For the 2009 revisions.
MacBook Aluminium 2008
- Has some requirements to use 2 x 4GB, see here.
iMac Late 2009 - 2011
- For all Late 2009 models.
|Customers who bought this product also purchased|