Collection Service - iMac with box provided
Intel iMacs are delicate computers, and if you no longer have the original box for your machine it can be difficult to package one safely for transit. We have a supply of boxes and packaging materials, and can provide one for your use (if you don't need a box, see our standard collections service instead).
Please note this service is not available for the iMac Pro.
The procedure is as follows:
- You place an installation/repair order on our website which includes this service. There is a notes field when checking this order out where you can give us details of your iMac (the serial number preferably) and indicate when you would like to receive the box and have your iMac collected (please note that we only have limited boxes available, so we may need to contact you to reschedual).
- We will confirm the date that the box will be delivered to you, and when the collection will take place (this will usually be 1 working day after the box is delivered).
- We will send the correct box out to you via courier. You or another competent person then need to package the iMac up correctly (see below for instructions, please contact us if you are unsure - it is extremely important that the iMac is packaged correctly, since all couriers mechanically sort their parcels and it needs to be correctly boxed to withstand the process).
- The iMac will be delivered to us, and we will carry out whatever work has been agreed.
- If you are also having us ship the iMac back to you (this is selected during the checkout process, and costs an additional £5 + vat) we will ship the machine back to you in the same box. You will need to then unbox the machine, and have the box ready to be collected next working day (let us know if this is not convenient).
We have boxes for 20in, 21.5in, 24in and 27in Intel iMacs. We can also transport 17in Intel iMacs safely by using the 20in box. Please do not use this service for iMac G5s, they are different enough that the Intel iMac packaging materials are not suitable.
How to package an iMac
- Open the empty iMac Box.
- Remove the top polystyrene insert(s).
- Place your iMac into box foot first. You will see that the bottom polystyrene inserts are shaped to allow the iMac to sit in one orientation only. When inserted correctly the foot should have a small amount of clearance off the bottom of the box (this prevents shock damage to the foot). If not, rotate the bottom inserts 90 degrees and re-try.
- Once the iMac is sitting on the bottom inserts, put the top polystyrene insert(s) into place. Once again they should only fit in one orientation.
- When correctly packaged, the top cardboard flaps should sit flush.
- When you are happy, use the included sticky label to seal the top cardboard release catch in place.
|Customers who bought this product also purchased|