Help Me Find My Mac
iMac M1 > Adaptors
Released in 2021 with the 24" iMac M1, this model brought Apple's new ARM based CPU architecture to the iMac line. This initial model is limited to only 16GB of RAM, making it aimed more at the home/office market. Though the new CPU has excellent performance, making it capable of much higher end tasks as long as they have modest RAM requirements.
There are some differences between the low and mid spec model, to the point where they have different Model IDs (the high spec is simply a mid spec with more storage). Most noticeably, the mid spec has more USB ports and an ethernet port, but internally it also has a considerably better cooling system. This makes it a more attractive machine for users who need sustained high performance, since it will avoid the M1's excellent performance being throttled.
Neither RAM or drive is upgradeable after purchase, though they have fast Thunderbolt and USB connectivity that allows extremely quick external storage to be used and this isn't much of an inconvenience in a desktop machine. Models configured with only 8GB of RAM are going to suffer longevity issues however.
Repairability is not great, though there are a few upsides. The screen is glued on, but not especially difficult to remove, and fans, USB ports, headphone jack, power button, speakers, and webcam are all replaceable.
iMac M1 > Cables, Hubs & Tools > Adaptors
To see only products compatible with your exact Mac, you can search for it by name, or any identifier such as model identifier, part number, serial number, etc.:
- Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adaptor - In Stock
- £51.40 + vat (£61.68)
- i-tec Adaptor/Hub USB-C to 3 x USB 3 Type A + 1 x Gigabit Ethernet - In Stock
- £20.71 + vat (£24.85)
- OWC Thunderbolt 3 / Thunderbolt 4 10G Ethernet Adaptor - In Stock
- £184.26 + vat (£221.11)
- USB 3 to 2.5in SATA Drive Cable (for accessing a 2.5in SATA drive via USB) - In Stock
- £6.49 + vat (£7.79)
- Only the 4 ports model of the iMac 2021 has Type A USB ports, the 2 ports model would need an adaptor. - This can be connected to this Mac to access a 2.5" SATA drive. But this Mac does not use a 2.5" SATA drive internally (though one can be fitted as an upgrade using an adaptor).
- USB-C (Thunderbolt 3/Thunderbolt 4) to DVI M/F Video Adaptor - In Stock
- £24.81 + vat (£29.77)
- USB-C (Thunderbolt 3/Thunderbolt 4) to HDMI M/F Video Adaptor - In Stock
- £27.15 + vat (£32.58)
- USB-C (Thunderbolt 3/Thunderbolt 4) to USB 3 (Type A) M/F Adaptor - In Stock
- £3.90 + vat (£4.68)
- USB-C (Thunderbolt 3/Thunderbolt 4) to VGA M/F Video Adaptor - In Stock
- £29.75 + vat (£35.70)