Mac Pro "Eight Core" 3.5 (2019)
Here you can find the exact specifications of this Mac, along with guaranteed compatible upgrades for it.
- CPU Speed: 3.5GHz
- RAM Type: DDR4 ECC DIMM 2666MHz (2933MHz RAM is fully compatible and clocks down to the slower speed)
- RAM Slots: 12
- Max RAM by Slot:
- Max RAM by Slot: 8 x 128GB provides the max RAM of 1TB. Can also run with 12 x 64GB for 768GB of RAM.
- Maximum RAM: 1TB
- RAM Configuration: The Mac Pro 2019 supports up to 12 DIMMs installed in configurations of 4, 6, 8, 10, or 12 DIMMs (see slot guide). DIMMS must be either all RDIMM or all LRDIMM. Different sized modules may be used together. Best performance is achieved with 6 or 12 DIMMS of equal size (though for many applications you may see better real world performance from having more RAM in a less optimal configuration).
- Drive Connection: PCIE
- Device Connectivity: USB 3, Thunderbolt 3
- Bluetooth: 5.0
- Video Output (base graphics card): 4 x Thunderbolt 3, 2 x HDMI
- Expansion: PCI Express
- Graphics Card Type: PCI Express
- Revision Produced From (Year): 2019
- Repair and Upgrade guides: From ifixit.com
- RAM Upgrades
- Internal Drives
- External Drives
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drives
- Expansion Cards
- Batteries & Power Supplies
- Graphics & Displays
- Keyboards, Mice & Trackpads
- Cables, Adaptors & Tools
- Configure RAM & Drive Upgrades
Compatible RAM for this Mac
What is RAM and how does it help? - Click here for more info
RAM stands for Random Access Memory, it is a short term store for data which is only used while the machine is in operation. This is not where your data and applications are stored (that's the Hard Drive or Solid State Drive) so RAM can be replaced without worrying about any data transfer issues.
How much RAM you need depends very much on what you are doing with your Mac. Adding more and more RAM does not necessarily speed your machine up - rather the better way to think about it is that not having enough RAM will slow you down. When your system runs out of physical memory it will use virtual memory on your hard drive instead, this is orders of magnitude slower than RAM, and will result in more instances of the spinning wheel or stuttering.
The more RAM you have, the more things you can do at once and you are able to switch between them better. Also as later operating systems come along they have greater requirements, so a machine feeling fast running OSX 10.7 with 4GB of RAM may well feel sluggish in OSX 10.10 with the same.
Here are the amounts of RAM we have found to be the real minimum for comfortable use in different operating systems. The minimum levels here are not absolute, but even lighter users will be well advised to take steps to minimise RAM use (principly restricting the number of applications they use simultaneously) if they are below them. Of course for some more specialist users of RAM intensive applications, even the ideal amounts listed will be grossly inadequate.
Some systems may not be able to use these amounts but will still run the newer OSs, in these cases maximising your RAM will be the best you can do. To get a better idea of your own specific RAM requirements, you can use the Activity Monitor utility built into macOS. This will let you see how much RAM you really need while using your Mac in the way you use it. Activity Monitor is inside your Utilities folder, which is inside your Applications folder. Apple have an in-depth explanation of how to use Activity Monitor here.
There are lots of different types of RAM. The RAM modules and compatability information below was generated from the Serial Number or Model ID you selected, and is guaranteed to work 100% or your money back. Even if your manual says otherwise! Original manuals, and even online documentation, are not updated after a machine is released and therefore not up to date with the actual maximum RAM that can be used. Many machines can make full use of more RAM than the offical spec, and we guarantee that the maximum amounts we list will work flawlessly, and be fully utilised by your Mac.
- OWC 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 2933MHz PC23400 ECC RDIMM for Mac Pro 2019 *** Special Order Item, dispatch estimate: 10 working days
- £236.24 + vat (£283.49)
- OWC 48GB (6 x 8GB) DDR4 2933MHz PC23400 ECC RDIMM for Mac Pro 2019 *** Special Order Item, dispatch estimate: 10 working days
- £348.08 + vat (£417.70)
- OWC 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 2933MHz PC23400 ECC RDIMM for Mac Pro 2019 - In Stock
- £355.64 + vat (£426.77)
- OWC 96GB (6 x 16GB) DDR4 2933MHz PC23400 ECC RDIMM for Mac Pro 2019 *** Special Order Item, dispatch estimate: 10 working days
- £533.22 + vat (£639.86)
- OWC 128GB (4 x 32GB) DDR4 2933MHz PC23400 ECC RDIMM for Mac Pro 2019 - In Stock
- £602.83 + vat (£723.40)
- OWC 192GB (6 x 32GB) DDR4 2933MHz PC23400 ECC RDIMM for Mac Pro 2019 *** Special Order Item, dispatch estimate: 10 working days
- £904.05 + vat (£1,084.86)
- OWC 256GB (4 x 64GB) DDR4 2933MHz PC23400 ECC RDIMM for Mac Pro 2019 - In Stock
- £1,274.38 + vat (£1,529.26)
- OWC 384GB (6 x 64GB) DDR4 2933MHz PC23400 ECC RDIMM for Mac Pro 2019 *** Special Order Item, dispatch estimate: 10 working days
- £1,910.64 + vat (£2,292.77)
- OWC 512GB (4 x 128GB) DDR4 2933MHz PC23400 ECC LRDIMM for Mac Pro 2019 *** Special Order Item, dispatch estimate: 10 working days
- £3,359.00 + vat (£4,030.80)
- OWC 768GB (6 x 128GB) DDR4 2933MHz PC23400 ECC LRDIMM for Mac Pro 2019 *** Special Order Item, dispatch estimate: 10 working days
- £5,039.00 + vat (£6,046.80)
Don't want to fit the RAM yourself? Have us install it for you - full details here.
- INSTALL SERVICE - RAM in a Mac Pro - In Stock
- £10.00 + vat (£12.00)
Compatible External Optical Drives for this Mac
- External USB 2.0 CD/DVD-RW Drive - Bus Powered - In Stock
- £26.00 + vat (£31.20)
Compatible Internal Hard Drives & SSDs for this Mac
Internal Drives: your options explained - Click here for more info
The hard drive or solid state drive is where all your documents, data and applications are stored permanently. Below this box are all the drives we do that are guaranteed 100% compatible with this Mac, based off the Serial Number or Model ID that you have selected.
The list below is divided into sections for the main types of drives, which can include:
For more details on the differences between these drives, please see this post on our blog.
With most Macs there are lots of options for having more or faster storage, and many can take multiple drives so you can mix and match SSDs and rotational hard drives to find your ideal combination of size, speed and budget. Some Macs have more than one main drive bay, and many Macs can use our range of caddies to replace their DVD drives with additional hard drives or SSDs. Some Macs also have additional drive bays that can be used with a mounting kit. If you have multiple types of bay in this Mac, you can select them with the grey tabs below this box.
It is very important with all system drives (that is, a drive that you boot from) to leave a good amount of free space to allow the system to work well. We recommend leaving around 20-30GB of free space on the system drive, The closer you get to full on your system drive, the slower the Mac will perform.
A 1TB drive can hold:
All drives come blank and will need to be formatted (erased), and if they are to be a boot drive, have an operating system installed. There are a variety of ways of restoring your data, either through time machine or by cloning. We sell drives, tools, enclosures and cables for you to do the work at home (see the "Cables, Adaptors & Tools" tab above), or you can send/bring your machine to us for us to do the work - prices all below. However you do it, you can be sure you are getting the correct part with our 100% compatibility guarantee.
- Main Drive Bays
- PCIe Attached Storage
Additional super-fast SSD storage attached via PCI Express
Solid State Drives
- OWC Accelsior 2TB 4M2 PCIe M.2 NVMe SSD Adaptor Card *** Special Order Item, dispatch estimate: 10 working days
- £560.51 + vat (£672.61)
- OWC Accelsior 4TB 4M2 PCIe M.2 NVMe SSD Adaptor Card *** Special Order Item, dispatch estimate: 10 working days
- £859.84 + vat (£1,031.81)
- OWC Accelsior 8TB 4M2 PCIe M.2 NVMe SSD Adaptor Card *** Special Order Item, dispatch estimate: 10 working days
- £1,495.78 + vat (£1,794.94)
Sorry, nothing available.
Compatible Expansion Products for this Mac
Keyboards & Mice
- Logitech K380 Wireless Keyboard UK Mac/iOS/Android/Windows - In Stock
- £37.00 + vat (£44.40)
- V7 3 button USB Optical Mouse - In Stock
- £6.75 + vat (£8.10)
Sorry, nothing available.
Compatible Cables, Adaptors and Tools for this Mac
Thunderbolt 4 40Gb/s
- OWC Thunderbolt 3 10G Ethernet Adaptor *** Out of Stock, dispatch estimate: 5 working days
- £140.83 + vat (£169.00)
- Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adaptor - In Stock
- £49.00 + vat (£58.80)
- USB-C to USB 3 (Type A) M/F Adaptor - In Stock
- £3.40 + vat (£4.08)
- i-tec Adaptor/Hub USB-C to 3 x USB 3 Type A + 1 x Gigabit Ethernet - In Stock
- £18.86 + vat (£22.63)
- USB 3 (Type A) to USB-C M/F Adaptor - In Stock
- £4.50 + vat (£5.40)
- USB 3 to 2.5in SATA Drive Cable (for accessing a 2.5in SATA drive via USB) - In Stock
- £6.49 + vat (£7.79)
Tools for this Mac
- Spudger (Black Stick / Nylon Pry Tool) - In Stock
- £2.00 + vat (£2.40)
Compatible External Drives and Enclosures
- SanDisk Extreme Portable 1TB USB-C & USB 3 External SSD - In Stock
- £136.10 + vat (£163.32)
- SanDisk Extreme Portable 2TB USB-C & USB 3 External SSD - In Stock
- £258.80 + vat (£310.56)
External Hard Drives
- Seagate 1TB Portable 2.5in USB 3 External Hard Drive - In Stock
- £40.50 + vat (£48.60)
- Seagate 2TB Portable 2.5in USB 3 External Hard Drive - In Stock
- £56.07 + vat (£67.28)
- WD Elements USB 3 (USB 2 compatible) 3.5in External HDD - 4TB - In Stock
- £89.51 + vat (£107.41)
- WD Elements USB 3 (USB 2 compatible) 3.5in External HDD - 6TB - In Stock
- £130.71 + vat (£156.85)
External Drive Enclosures
- OWC Thunderbay 4 - Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure for 4 x 2.5in or 3.5in Drives *** Special Order Item, dispatch estimate: 15 working days
- £379.50 + vat (£455.40)
- OWC Thunderbay 4 - Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure for 4 x 2.5in or 3.5in Drives - JBOD, RAID 0, 1, 4, 5, and 10 *** Special Order Item, dispatch estimate: 15 working days
- £443.00 + vat (£531.60)
- OWC ThunderBay Flex 8 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure (0 Drives) *** Special Order Item, dispatch estimate: 15 working days
- £795.00 + vat (£954.00)
Repair and Installation Services
- Mac Repair - Evaluation Service - In Stock
- £39.00 + vat (£46.80)
Installation Services (parts not included)
- INSTALL SERVICE - RAM in a Mac Pro - In Stock
- £10.00 + vat (£12.00)
Configure RAM & Drive Upgrades
You can use this tool to build an upgrade order and have us. Using this tool will also generate a link you can use to create this order again yourself, or share with someone else.
Note: This tool only selects from in stock products. Items that are out of stock, or special order items with extended lead times, can be added to your order from the other tabs.