Help Me Find My Mac
MacBook Pro Aluminium > RAM
MacBook Pro M1
MacBook Pro Intel
MacBook Pro Aluminium
The MacBook Pro Aluminium was released in 2006 with Apple's switch to Intel processors, and was a direct replacement for the PowerBook G4 Aluminium. Apple had never managed to get a PowerPC G5 powered laptop to market, probably due to this chip's over the top power consumption and heat output. And this lack was likely one of the main driving forces behind the stunning decision to abandon the PowerPC chip and move to Intel processors.
While the MacBook Pro range as a whole was incredibly successful, these initial models have not held up so well in comparison to the Unibody models which replaced them. They have slow drive controllers which limit the utility of upgrading to an SSD, and can upgrade to less useful amounts of RAM, which is of an older (hence more expensive) type.
To see only products compatible with your exact Mac, you can search for it by name, or any identifier such as model identifier, part number, serial number, etc.:
- INSTALL SERVICE - RAM in a Mac Laptop - In Stock
- £10.00 + vat (£12.00)
- OWC DDR2 PC5300 SODIMM - 2GB *** Dispatch estimate: 5 working days
- £12.20 + vat (£14.64)
- Not compatible with the very first revision (this has a Core Duo, rather than Core 2 Duo CPU). - The second revision (Late 2006) maxes out at 3GB RAM, so can only use 1 of these 2GB modules.
- OWC DDR2 PC5300 SODIMM - 4GB (1 x 4GB) *** Dispatch estimate: 5 working days
- £62.65 + vat (£75.18)
- For 2007 and 2008 revisions - max RAM is 6GB in 1 x 4GB + 1 x 2GB.
- OWC DDR2 PC5300 SODIMM - 6GB Kit (4GB + 2GB) *** Dispatch estimate: 5 working days
- £72.10 + vat (£86.52)
- For 2007 and 2008 revisions.